Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Journal #5 - 3-2-1 Questionaire

The three things I would like to try with my students would be:

(1) Wordle-I love the concept. This would be a great beginning of the year ice-making. Students could write 8-10 words that best describe them. This would be shared with the rest of the class, so students would have a better understanding of what their peers were all about.
(2) Glogsters- Students could show their creative sides. I was able to teach it to my own children within a matter of minutes and they were creating their own glogsters. They both loved it. Website is easy to follow. Students could go-green and use glogsters for posters.
(3) Digital storytelling-Students would better enjoy that concept rather than having to do an oral presentation which can be BORING. Another concept to show a student's creativity. Something that all students can learn from each your special learners.

Two things I want to investigate to share with a colleague:

(1)Working in an elementary school library we also teach media. I would like the library to team up with the intermediate teachers (3-5 grades) and exposure them to Glogsters for their reports. Students often have to do reports and Glogsters would be a fun way to present. (2)Also having all teachers expose students to digit storytelling and its benefits.

One thing I want to incorporate for my professional growth:

Once I become an educator, I would love to bring this new technology that I have learned into my classroom. Incorporating Web 2.0 programs such as glogster, wordle and even blogging would make for an excellent learning enviroment.

3 comments:

  1. I also can't wait to try the Digital Storytelling. I think this tool is great for all ages and super easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be great if students learned how to use Glogster in elementary school because then it could be applied any time a poster or visual is needed. It is a great way to make a visual without needing to cut and paste and can also help students go green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Wordle would make a great beginning of the year icebreaker!

    ReplyDelete